All parents assisting in the classroom, chaperoning field trips, or engaging in any volunteer activities that require direct interaction with students must have the following on file in the office:
- * Current Student/Parent Handbook Contract
- * Current School Volunteer Agreement Form
* Given to all families at the start of the school year, both of these forms must signed, dated and returned to the office.
- Fingerprint Clearance - Fingerprint forms are available on the school web site www.stfranciselem.org – click on the Forms icon. Fingerprinting may be done through any authorized institution. Cost of the processing fee varies and is the responsibility of the parent. Fingerprinting must only be done once. If you have already been fingerprinted for the previous year, it is not necessary to have them redone. Fingerprint clearance by another school outside the Sacramento Diocese, another agency or employer cannot be accepted. Fingerprint clearance is reported to the Diocese and then forwarded to the school. This process can take up to 3 weeks. If you are unsure of your fingerprint status, please check with the office.
- Completion Certificate of the Sacramento Diocesan Safe Environment for Children online training program - Access to Shield the Vulnerable, the online training program for the diocese, can be found at http://shieldthevulnerable.org. Parents must be recertified every 3 years. Notification will be sent when retraining is required.
- Field Trip Drivers -must have a Verification of Automobile Insurance Form, as well as a current copy of their driver’s license and proof of $100,000 individual/$300,000 bodily injury, $50,000 property/$5000 medical per person & $100,000 uninsured motorist automobile insurance on file.
Volunteer Requirements are stipulated by the Diocese. Parents without the above documentation on file, will not be allowed to engage in activities that directly interact with students. No exceptions.