Apply to SFES & Timeline
Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi Elementary School.
For information regarding potential enrollment, class openings and any other questions, please contact us at:
Please inquire about any potential openings.
In order for your application to be considered complete, please return the following:
- Teacher recommendation form (to be mailed separately from the teacher to our school)
- Copy of recent report card for students entering grades 1 - 8
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Record
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (and any other Sacrament certificates if applicable)
- $35.00 Application Fee (non-refundable)
Below are important dates in the admissions process:
- Open House : Sunday, January 29, 2017 (11:00am - 12:30pm)
- In-Session Tours: January 17, 2017 (1:30-2:30pm), January 18, 2017 (9:00-10:00am), January 31, 2017 (8:30-9:30am) February 7, 2017 (9:00-10:00am) - PLEASE RSVP FOR ONE OF THESE DATES IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND (Adults Only).
- Application Deadline: February 10, 2017
- Grades 1-8 Screening: February 15, 2017 (3:30pm)
- TK Screening: February 16, 2017 Session 1 (12-1:15pm), Session 2 (1:30-2:45pm) Parents will be notified of screening session time following the application deadline.
- Kindergarten Screening: February 17, 2017 (TBD)
- Principal Meet & Greet: During February & March for New Persepctive Families (Times & Dates to be individually determined)
- Current Family Re-Registration: March 7 & 9, 2017
- Admissions Decisions: End of March 2017
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten
If your child is applying for Kindergarten, they must be 5 years old by September 1st and have a pre-school recommendation, if attending. Students who wish to apply to our Transitional Kindergarten Program, must be 4 years old by September 1st. A preschool recommendation is encouraged if they have attended. All potential kindergarteners and transitional kindergarteners will be screened for readiness. Applications must be on file prior to the screening. Applicants will be notified of a screening time following the application deadline. For planning purposes, please allow 1 hour for screening.
Beginning Fall 2017-2018 all TK students will attend together from 8am-1:30pm. All Kindergarten students will attend 8am-2:30pm.
1st - 8th Grades
We will give assessments for students applying for 1st – 8th grades. An application must be on file prior to the assessment. For planning purposes, please allow approximately 1 hour for assessment and 15 minutes for your scheduled meeting.
Principal "Meet & Greet"
Once applications have been submitted and applicants have been screened, the main office may be in contact with new, perspective families to set-up a date and time for a "Meet & Greet" with the principal. This time is a chance for parents and their child to sit down and chat with the principal.
St. Francis Elementary School gives enrollment priority to siblings of current students, registered parishioners from St. Francis Parish, students transferring from other Catholic schools, and Catholic families who are registered in other parishes.
Thank you, again, for your interest in our school community. We look forward to working with you and your family!